ABOUT ÇUKUROVA UNIVERSITY
“The Faculty of Agriculture of Çukurova University was established pursuant to Act dated February 13, 1969 and numbered 1099, and the School of Medicine was established pursuant to Act dated April 12, 1972 and numbered 1578, as a part of Ankara University and Atatürk University respectively, and eventually being united pursuant to Act dated November 30, 1973 and numbered 1786.
The number of faculties increased to five with the addition of the Faculties of Basic Sciences, Administrative Sciences and Engineering starting from 1974. In 1982, the name Basic Sciences was changed to Science&Letters; Administrative Sciences to Economics & Administrative Sciences by merging with the Adana Academy of Economics &Commercial Sciences and Faculty of Economics &Business Sciences; and the Faculty of Engineering to Faculty of Engineering & Architecture by merging with the Adana Academy of Economics & Commercial Science and the Faculty of Engineering.
Also, the Faculty of Education was established by joining the entire School of Foreign Languages controlled by the Ministry of National Education under the Çukurova University in 1982 within provinces of Adana, Mersin and Hatay. Çukurova University has grown immensely in terms of academic power with this great addition.
By 1992, Çukurova University consisted of 6 Faculties, 11 Colleges, 3 Institutes, 1 State Conservatory, 22 Research and Application Centers contributed to establish 3 new universities. 2 Colleges equipped with modern buildings, laboratories and education tools were assigned to Mersin University; 3 Colleges, of which one of them in İskenderun and other the two in Antakya, were assigned to Hatay Mustafa Kemal University. Research and Application Center in Kahramanmaraş consisting of the Office of the President and 2 Faculty buildings was transferred to Kahramanmaraş Sütçüİmam University. Thus, the young university paved the way for 3 new universities to open their doors.
After the reorganization in 1992, we see that the university became stronger in 1993 when the university celebrated its 20th establishment anniversary. The number of faculties increased up to 10 with the establishment of Faculty of Fisheries, Theology, Dentistry; and the Adana Vocational School of Health and Kozan Vocational Schools were opened. The Karataş College of Tourism &Hotel Management was established in 1994 and the Karaisalı Vocational School in 1995. The Department of Physical Education & Sports Teaching was transformed into Çukurova University Faculty of Sports Science; Adana Vocational School of Health Services was also transformed into Adana Health College in 1996. As a result, the number of academic Institutions increased up to 23, with 3 Institutes offering post-graduate and master-degree studies. Furthermore, in 1997 the State Conservatory and Kadirli Vocational School were established as part of Çukurova University.
In 2000, with faculties that opened at a later stage, Çukurova University had 10 faculties, 9 Colleges, 3 Institutions and 25 Research &Application Centres.
The Kadirli and Osmaniye Vocational Schools and the Osmaniye Faculty of Engineering were transferred to the Osmaniye Korkut Ata University in 2007,upon its establishment.
In 2010, Cukurova University reached 13 Faculties, 4 Colleges, 9 Vocational Schools, 1 State Conservatory, 3 Institutions and 23 Research &Application centers by new breakthroughs.
In 2011, the Faculty of Pharmacy, İmamoglu, Feke and Tufanbeyli Vocational Schools were established, and as a result, the number of faculties increased up to 14, and the number of Vocational Schools increased up to 12.
With the merger of the Kozan Faculty of Business Administration, the Aladağ Vocational School and School of Aviation to the Çukurova University in 2012, the number of faculties increased to 15,Colleges to 5, Vocational Schools to 13,
Çukurova University, the symbol of modern education, was awarded the European Council Diploma Supplement Label on 19 December2012. Çukurova University is among accredited state universities that provide PhD studies and is also one of centers that provide English studies to Master-degree students.
At the present time, Çukurova University offers studies to highly educated and qualified individuals via 17 Faculties, 4 Colleges, 12 Vocational Schools, 1 State Conservatory and 4 Institutions. The variety researches and scientific events that our country needs are being maintained in 35 Research and Application Centers.”
Visit the University Website